So, this Sunday is the big day for me! I am running a 1/2 Marathon which is 13.1 miles. I have been training for a few months (except for a little blip about a month ago where I got really busy with work and had visitors come into town, which put me WAY behind). eek! Well, this has been my first real race since high school, when I ran cross country, and I hope I make it! I am not pressuring myself too much since well, Im racing for myself, no trophy or best time, just because I like being active.
Earlier this weekend I also signed up for the Masters Swim Program. Its a Nationwide league of swimmers that are over the age of 18 that still want to compete. I start practice sometime next week after I finish my 1/2 Marathon.
This all started with the idea that I would do Triathlons, but after a SFTri meeting last week I realized I may be getting in over my head. I have the running down and Im just getting back into the old swimming gig and we'll then see where I am ,physically, in a few months. I have never cycled before and don't own a bike, unless you count my most awesome beach cruiser...which I believe is not suggested for competition :) Maybe in 6 months I may start up with the Triathlon training, but it is quite intimidating.
I hope everyone has a great week! I'll write back this weekend after my race to update everyone and let them know Im still alive:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment