As of last blog I have been up to a lot. My side job at West Coast Industries (WCI) is going well, my boss sends work my way all the time, and I am very grateful that I have work coming in, it can be overbearing at times, but I work hard in my spare time to keep up and respond to him quickly. While working on the Autocad drawings I also made Graduation Announcements for Emilia Broersma (yay for being done with high school and taking on the grown up world!!!), and making a really great sketchbook for my friend Ryan. Ryan is graduating next weekend from Auburn so I took a bunch of family photos and was able to "burn" the images on pages of a sketchbook I bought. The images almost look like they are sketches themselves. Its probably my favorite project I have done up to this day. Although, putting every picture on the 30 pages that I used and rubbing my "magic solution" on each imagine to "burn" them - well, let's just say I burned some brain cells myself. I literally took on the task of making announcements and making Ryan's sketchbook at the same time. I would place the bi-fold card into my printer, let it print and while that was going on I would "burn" one image on one sheet at a time. Both projects took a while but were worth the wait.
This past weekend I chopped off about 10" of hair! Can you believe I even had that much to begin with? Now my hair is about shoulder length and I love it. I donated the 10" to go towards making wigs for cancer patients. Besides my hair going to a great cause, it is so much healthier now! I can't stop playing with it. The hairstyle is more mature - I figure its about time I grow up at some point.
I'm about to create a new project for myself: Revamp the Apartment!
I have a small studio and think repainting with some lighter colors will make it appear larger (task 1) and I am considering buying a bed (I totally rock a futon right now, although it is the most fashionable futon ever!)(task 2), and rearranging the living space in my apt. (making room for a bed in my tiny apt is the driving factor)(task 3). I estimating this project takes...forever! But I am hopeful and once I start to see improvements I'm sure I will pick up the pace as I want to see a finished product sooner than later.
In my "free time" (time outside of work and side jobs/projects) I have signed up for the San Francisco half-marathon. It will be on August 3rd (I know, great birthday present to me) and I am already up to running 8 mi. on the weekends. I believe I'll easily be ready for the 1/2 marathon. It has been a long time since I have physically challenged myself, so I'm getting quite excited to see if I have it in me to push myself anymore.
Also, my cousin Brendan is graduating on May 22nd! Everyone keep him in your thoughts and wish him a great future.
(I'll write more often, I promise - I'm a changed woman after this haircut)
2 comments:
That's my little girl, always up to something productive and always amazing me. I am very proud of you and thank God every day for giving me the pleasure of having such a wonderful daughter.
The new hair cut is gorgeous. Keep up the great attitude.
I love you and miss you very much.
Dad
I will second that - you are amazing. I love that you do so much and do such a great job with everything you set your sights on. Thanks for taking us on while taking on the "Ryan" project. You are a beautiful person - inside and out! Love the new look! Lots of love from your Auntie Karin
Post a Comment