23 March 2008

Easter Sunday - Just another Sunday

How was my Easter you ask? Well, pretty normal. I crawled out of bed this morning (praying that when I stand up I won't have a pounding headache from going out the night before, which I didn't), went on a long run (prepping for the SF 1/2 marathon which takes place August 3rd), then I got ready for the day, headed over to La Boulange (cute French bakery) to meet up with some friends for a late lunch and then did some window shopping. So yes, today pretty much passed by with no thoughts of bunny rabbits and chocolate. Although, as I wondered into the Marc by Marc Jacobs boutique I did recognize a sweetly decorated space, with pretty flowers scattered amongst the floor and soft fabrics draped along with walls. As I peered into this nicely decorated space, I noticed a person dressed in a furry suit and a photographer standing in front of him/her and people sitting on its lap. Could it be a a bunny just waiting for me and my friends to sit and take a picture?! I was so intrigued, how could I not take advantage of this opportunity, being a 25 years old (kid) I thought it would be so fun - so I looked again and realize the furry animal suit was a SKUNK! ew. I guess it was their joke on the holiday, needless to say, we passed on the photo opp.

I just ordered two books: Tao of Pooh and Think. Both are philosophy-esque books that I'm interested in. I have been working on The Power of One, and can't get into it, I'm thinking of putting it down and picking it up again in a couple of months - it has been a rather slow read for me and those are always hard for me to keep with.

Anyway - I hope everyone had a great Easter! I miss you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having fun keeping up with you - we just got back from rainy, snowing England for the Easter Holiday. Your mom left Easter treats for when we got home:) I looked into the books you are reading - very impressive (mine are James Patterson type books - what a difference). Sounds like a fun life. xox AK