19 May 2008

Only in SF

This past weekend was a blast - it was very jamb packed with events and outrageous moments. Friday started off with me heading down on the Caltrain (the local train that runs from Gilroy, CA up to SF) to Santa Clara where Amanda picked me up and we went straight over to the store for me to find my first bathing suit of the season. Yay! for summer - Did I mention that the weather was in the 100's last week? That never happens here - hello global warming! After the purchase, well what do you think we did - went out to the pool to lay out and no I didn't burn, I'm being careful and working on a "light" tan. Following a little sun 'n' fun we headed over for a bar-b-que that included Amanda's father who is visiting from DC. Amanda's dad was running an exhibit at the Tech Museum in San Jose that is showing off the "shuttle" (although its not called the shuttle anymore - you can tell how much i was paying attention- damn my short attention span) that will be heading up in space in the next few years. So on Saturday that is where we were - Tech Museum.

Saturday evening I was back up in the city and decided to join a friend of mine (no names to be included because I will politely not embarrass her). We met up at a local bar (one of our faves) - its one of our favorites because they allow dogs inside! Its so friendly, the bartenders have dog treats behind the counter and they set out water bowls for the little ones. Its great and the crowd is really down to earth. But to continue... we threw a few back and well - I guess she had started earlier than I did and I didn't realize that until later when we were in a pizza shop talking to some random guys (way nice and not that drunk - so they weren't gross pervs either, thank god!) and before i knew it, she was inviting them back to hang out at her place (once again, that guys were way nice and declined). So after parting ways (and me passing my number along to one of them)(maybe it was a good thing she was all drunk and talkative because I totally hit it off with one of the guys - and he called today, weeeee) we had to walk a few blocks home. Well, when you have to basically carry and drag your friend 5 blocks it turns into quite an adventure. From wrestling her away from going into some Wine Bar because "those guys" were in there to stopping for her to take a drag of some random guys cigarette (which I'm not actually sure she even smokes) to having her want to "block anyone who's looking" from seeing me pee (because i requested we walk quickly to her house because i had to use the ladies, but she insisted that I could just go on the sidewalk) to trying to stand her up so she didn't slam into the wall and bang her head against it because she could barely hold it up (which happened anyway) I was amused and exhausted! What a night - needless to say, all is well now.

My friend actually woke up before me on Sunday and gave me the wake up call. We ventured over to Bay to Breakers - which is a "running" event that takes place in SF every year. The quotations around running are because only a select few of people actually run, the event usually consists of people dressing up in wild costumes and drinking the whole route. And there may or may not have been naked people dispersed amongst the thousands because well....they can be. Why not, its SF. I was a spectator this year and thoroughly enjoyed event, next year I will be a participant and a dressed participant at that.

After a short nap - tee time! I went with two co-workers to a golf course in the east bay and played a round of 9 holes - my first time on a course in years! I did well (its wasn't a hard course) and no balls were lost or sunk :) I think I found my new favorite hobby! Next weekend is a three day weekend - I can only imagine what is in store for me...

No comments: