So this past Labor Day weekend I spent some time on the east coast visiting friends in New York City - hello Luvah! I was meant for this place, SF is wonderful, but New York is fulfilling. I took a red-eye Friday night and arrived at La Gaurdia Saturday morning and met up with Cerrissa (a college roommate of mine) in the East Village (where she currently resides), and then had the Samster (one of my best buds from college) come over. We decided to do a couple of touristy things to get the day started.
We hit up the New Museum (yes, that is its official name), which is a newly finished museum with super modern art - very much my twisted taste:)
Then we all headed to the "top of the rock" a.k.a. Rockefeller Center. It was great, such an amazing view of the city and the day was perfect. For me, who is not always fond of doing touristy stuff, this was the perfect little amount of tourism and then I was ready to get down and hang out like a local.
We hit up Bar 515, which is the "auburn bar" in New York. All channels are turned to the Auburn game and all patrons are dressed in Auburn attire. It was a great atmosphere for not actually being in Auburn.
Sunday afternoon I went on a huge bike with Sam, we explored so much. We went over two bridges, viewed Manhattan, central park, Brooklyn, williamsburg, union square and much more I assume, but I can't remember:) It was awesome, great weather, nice view of Sam's butt the whole time ;) and just really the best way to see the city. Sam had been so excited to take me on this bike ride since I bought my flight out there, it was all that he hyped it up to be.
Sunday night, Cerrissa, Sam and I went to a great Italian place for dinner and a fun bar that Sam's buddy works at. It was lots of fun, Cerrissa wore a sassy little head piece that got many compliments (and boys) that night. My last day :( Monday, was very relaxing just hanging with two of my best friends. We had a lazy morning, easy lunchin and a little walk around Cerrissa's neighborhood. My flight out of La Gaurdia was on time, but that place needs to learn how to organize and space plan a little better. So far - least favorite airport.
Now I'm back in SF - and looking to head back to NYC VERY soon.
View more pictures here: http://s363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/mccarc1/?albumview=slideshow
2 comments:
Wishing you much love, peace, and happiness
nice blog!
By the way, my new blog hasn't gotten to a very good start and I think I just need some motavation to get going. So if you could Please check out my blog and comment it would be great. Plus it really is some good music.
thnx!
shwayzesystem.blogspot.com
Post a Comment