31 January 2009

Oh Those Southerners

I'll post the picture to this blog a little later, but I am just so amazed how the south will hold to it's traditions through and through. I'm walking through the Charlotte, NC airport (en route to New Orleans) and come across a series of old school, wooden rocking chairs! I couldn't believe it - I have re-entered back into a worlds I have tried to forget... The South. I must say the chairs were cute and many people were enjoying them, but there was no question where I was as I walked by. This flight will be a total of 9hrs - I'm a champ. The layover in Charlotte was three hours long and then a quick stint to New Orleans to arrive the at 10:30am.

On another note: I love when people find the good in all things. Making award winning lemonade out what is given to them. I had to use the "ladies" and the janitorial woman attentively said, here you go miss, let me take you to your room (toilet stall) it made me laugh and she personnaly cleaned my seat before use. As I was in my stall I could here the janitorial lady say to another woman, "here's your room, oh! You get a suite!" (handicap stall). I was quite humored and gave her a little tip on the way out. Made my morning....

One more note: Southern accents are a little hard to get used to, wowzers.

No comments: