14 September 2009

Labor Day '09 in Chicago

Here are a few photos and a quick run-down of my vacation in Chicago this past Labor Day. I went to visit my Aunt Peggy and Uncle John because they are awesome!! I got there Friday evening, had a little dinner at a great Mexican place and then hung out, chatted, caught up. Waking up Saturday morning, we ran a few errands to prepare for the Gilarski Family Reunion the next day. After our excursion through Cosco Aunt Trudi and Uncle Stuart came over so we could all head into the city for some fun (that I was not privy too, it was a little surprise). I had no clue what we were going to do, but what a great surprise...Segway Tour! We rode these cool Segway's around the lake front of Chicago. I was tentative at first but quickly got comfortable and was buzzing along.
Sunday was the Gilarski Family Reunion, which was a blast. Many new faces for me and several familiar faces. I don't get to see the Gilarski side of the family very often so it was great to catch up and familiarize myself with family I haven't seen much of. (I'll upload photos when I get my photoshop working properly

On Monday (my last full day) Aunt Peggy, Uncle John, and I went into the city to a great/innovative restaurant called "Orange". The gist is that they have glorious orange flavored coffee and very creative/yummy/delicious brunch stuff. See below for gloriousness :) Afterwards we walked through the Chicago zoo and then over to Lincoln Park where I was talked into moving to Chicago and convinced that it would be a wonderful place for me to live...we even took it so far that we picked out apartments that I could live in :) It was a blast and really great weather.
Thank you Aunt Peggy and Uncle John! I had a great time and can't wait to return :)

No comments: