Well, hello! I have decided to start a blog in order for my family and friends to follow along in my life. I have so much going on and a real problem getting back to people via email, so I decided this might be the best idea, if any. As you can tell I have recently dyed my hair, RED! Its been a great change, Im enjoying it and it fits my fair skin nicely. The length isn't a nod to the SF hippie style I actually have a reason for growing it out; I am donating my hair again, this time I am going with Pantene's Beautiful Lengths Campaign (http://beautifullengths.com/en_US/about.jsp). I only have to meet a required 8", but my goal of growing my hair until June 01, 2008 is sure to put me past that requirement. This picture was actually taken one morning while my brother, who came to visit for two weeks, was in town.
Kevin and I had a great time, well let me rephrase that - I hope that my brother had a great time as I shlepped him around San Francisco. We went snowboarding two of the three weekends that he was here, both times to Tahoe. Once to Heavenly, which was perfect with pure powder, empty slopes and lots of laughing, and one visit to Snowshoe, which was not as big as Heavenly but any slope to snowboard on is always fun. It was by far the best time I have ever had snowboarding and one of my favorite memories. Other than that we traveled the city, took a ferry over to Sausalito for the day, took a tour of Alcatraz, spent Valentine's Day together (amongst other friends of course) and a whole bunch of wondering around. I have high hopes of him coming back to visit soon.
I have recently started sewing, I'd love to be able to make all of my own clothes, one day. I made a dress for my best friend, Amanda, but it turned out to be too small. Im still trying to figure out how you make an article of clothing too small for someone who is the smallest girl alive - I guess that's what I get for only measuring her once and not really sticking to the measurements. None the less the concept was there, the dress had potential and with some further practice I hope she'd give me another shot to make it again. So, this dress (the one that came out to small) barely fit over her head and she almost passed out from laughing so hard, well I think all three of us just about died laughing because she was stuck in this red "tube-sock" wiggling around, it was a funny sight. After that I kept with the simple stuff; three new pillows for my couch and currently I'm working on a cute jacket. I am actually making a pattern first and then I will work on the final fabric.
I still have a little weekend job, I help out my friend, Bev, with her chair cover company. She works all over the Bay Area supplying and setting up chair covers and sashes for formal events, mostly weddings. I have used this experience to discover much of the city's outer limits. It is a very easy job and I get to go to the nicest country clubs and venues. I am looking at working as an assistant to a Wedding Planner - which is something I would really enjoy being involved in one day. Amongst my job at EY (http://www.eychaircovers.com/ ) I have started some Freelancing - I do some shop drawings for a company that designs and installs booths at restaurants/hotels/etc. He has a contract to do all of the booths for the nordstrom cafe's and many of the nice restaurants/ hotels in the country. Its work that I can do in my free time at home and then I meet once a week to go over my auto cad drawings. Then after all of that I volunteer for the All-Star Network (http://www.allstars.org/ ), they run talent shows for people 5-25 years of age. The talent shows consist mainly of spoken work, rap, hip hop, and anything else you want to show off. I am the graphic designer in addition to helping run the Talent shows and Auditions. I am enjoying working with everyone in the program and plan on sticking with this for a while.Well that pretty much sums up the basics of my life out here, I will try to keep up with this "blogging" as much as possible, so that everyone can be involved in my life. I hope everyone is doing well and will blog again soon :)
5 comments:
Wow, love the hair - it looks so gorgeous and you (but I would expect nothing else). I am so delighted you are doing this - I did not know all of that was going on in your life. I can imagine the dress on your friend (and am right there with you - don't believe something actually does not fit her). LOL - I can't wait to read about the continuing saga of one of my favorite person's life. love you lots AK
You are awesome!! I have always said I'd like to be you for one day. I want to know what it's like to be so self confident and so in charge of life. You go girl!
Your hair color is gorgeous on you. I can't believe it's so long! I love it!
Looking forward to hearing about your next sewing adventure. Brings back memories of when I had time and sewed my own maternity clothes. I on the other hand used a LOT of material since I gained 78lbs carrying you. I was fat and happy!
One can't help but have a great time in San Francisco. It's a fabulous city and You are a fantastic tour guide and friend.
Love you, Mommatron 650.
Casie,
You're doing terrific things! But, of course, that's what terrific gals do. I'm not surprised at all, but thoroughly enjoy your energy and imagination. Vicariously, of course.
Not bald yet, but could I reserve a spot in some future hair pile? 6" would be fine. At that point, any color would be fine.
I'm still laughing at all your antics. Looking forward to future blogs. (Don't know what a "tron" is, but I know I'm not a momma one.
How proud I am of you!!!! What a gal!! Wally stole my line but you have heard it from me before that I LIVE MY LIFE THROUGH YOU VICARIOUSLY so full of adventure. I continue to wish you happiness and love and may all your dreams come true.
I love you and look forward to more of your blog
I join the other "trons"
Omitron
loveyourblog. very humorous it made
my day.
so glad that you are having such a
glorious time. love your new hair style and color change,very glamorous.might do that for my birthday. I use to make dresses for
your mother when she was a little girl,brings back happy memories. keep doing happy things.love gramatron xxxooo
Post a Comment