06 March 2008

From Start to Finish

This past week offered some of the best weather SF has received in a while. Roughly 65 degrees and sunny and I'm loving it.
That was the only thing I could conjure up to start off my blog, but enough about the weather, I finally have a finished project under my belt. Since working at KH (my architecture firm) I have had well-rounded opportunities working on different projects and experiencing all dynamics of the building process. Between hoping around from project to project I was able to complete a hotel guest bathroom renovation all on my own. I had the watchful eye of a licensed architect to answer my questions and point me in the right direction, but other than that I handled the permit set, construction set, and construction administration all by myself. These are the before pictures:



This hotel is located around Union Square in downtown SF, it is the Nikko Hotel. This hotel has not been updated in years and they are looking to work on the guest bathrooms first, then the actual guest rooms. This little project was a quick little jaunt down the architectural warpath. I got to experience all steps of a project, bundled into a small package. I really enjoyed this project and its simplicity. Here is the after shot:

After this project, I'm fairly low on work so I'm just trying to soak this all in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job! I am impressed, not surprised. xoxoox

Anonymous said...

Great work. Must be fun and rewarding to have taken it from start to finish. Very proud of you and your accomplishments. love you,AK