30 October 2008

Another 1/2 Marathon

     

    



    
    


    

These are photos from my 17mi. run.  I head over to the west part of San Francisco, where people actually have lawns and views of the Golden Gate Bridge!  Its amazing, Robin Williams lives over in that "hood".  I run through a park called, Lands End, on a sandy path that is on the edge of a bunch of cliffs.  Its the most beautiful thing you can imagine.  On this particular day the Blue Angles were flying overhead during SF's "Fleet Week".  There were a ton of boats out in the Bay watching the planes fly, truly a site to see.  The views were pretty much the only thing keeping me going on this insanely long run.  

This Sunday, November 2nd, I'll be running the SF half marathon.  This race starts along Baker beach, along the northern tip of SF and up (a huge hill) and across the GG Bridge and then back across and down (the same huge hill) to Chrissy Field.  I believe Im fairly ready for my 13.1 mi. run this Sunday, but it is supposed to rain....Im not too excited about this little tid-bit.  If it rains I'm hailing a cab and heading home! :)  

I'll let you know how my race goes, enjoy the pictures of my awesome city!! :)

No comments: