Tonight was my first swim practice! I was so excited to finally got back in the water.
Last night as I was preparing for practice, you know, trying to find my swimsuits, caps, goggles and NO LUCK! My swim stuff was M.I.A. After realizing this at oh...11pm, I shreeked in panic, would I have time to grab all of that before my frist practice?!?! I was looking forward to this practice for a week and a half, there was no way that I would miss this. I left work right at 5pm (not like I enjoy staying any later on a normal basis) and sprinted over to the sporting goods store, picked up the first suit I saw, tried it on (it fit thank god! and I didnt have to waste anymore time trying on other suits) grabbed goggles and a bathing cap and headed home to throw everything on and get back on the bus to head to practice. I wasn't really nervous, I knew I'd be able to make it through an hour of practice, I was more excited in antipation to see how I'd do. I did great for my first time back in the water, I wasn't the slowest :) I think that this is going to be great. Practice is offered Monday and Fridays before work and Monday and Wednesday after work. I haven't yet figured out what kind of schedule Im going to go for, Im playing it by ear for now.
So the moral of my swim practice this evening, "Wear waterproof mascara!"
No comments:
Post a Comment