02 August 2008

Yes, I own a bib...

A racing bib! I just picked up my running packet for the race tomorrow morning. I took a nice walk along the embarcadero past the famous Ferry Building Farmers Market this morning, passing by the best coffee in the city and the glorious array of fruit, veggies, and amazing baked goods - all natural of course! :) (Its a great atmosphere and quite a sight to see if you get a chance). I grabbed my packet at around 9am this morning for my 8:30 am 1/2 Marathon tomorrow morning. I will have to wake up pretty early to get ready and take either the bus or a cab down the Golden Gate park to the start of the 1/2. I am actually doing the second 1/2 of a Full Marathon. The first 1/2 of the marathon runs along the Embarcadero and over the Golden Gate bridge, maybe I'll do that half next year:)

Yesterday when I went on my last run of the week, I was so cramped and my legs would barely move. In saying that, I have been stretching non-stop since that little (horribly painful) run. Although, I think Im as ready as I can be for the 1/2. Im about to head out to a new yoga class that has been getting rave reviews, so I can't wait to try it. Hopefully this will be relaxing and will stretch out my muscles even more for tomorrow. After a little yoga I'll be heading to get a new hair cut! I'll send pictures when I can, Im excited. I want it to be a longer, messier version of Victoria Beckham's hair style. The hair salon is the cutest place down in the Mission - quite the bus ride, but Im hoping it will be worth it.

I'll report back tomorrow with news after "the race". Love you all.

No comments: