23 April 2009

Flourless cookies just got bonus points in my book


I've come across a bunch of great recipes recently that involve items that I already have in my pantry.  This is especially excellent because I'm not a huge fan of going to the grocery store and I'm a little lazy and grossed out by the grocery store across from my house.  The grocery store across the street is convenient yet really expensive for a store that doesn't usually have what I'm looking for and has unusual rif-raf hanging around.  So anyway, back to the good stuff.  I've recently found a great recipe for flourless Peanut Butter cookies, which is pretty much my weakness.  Anything peanut butter has the key to my heart, it's my crack, but better than crack. 

I've been straightening up my apartment for a fun little sleep over with Amanda tomorrow evening and thought that I'd quickly throw something in the oven while I was cleaning.  I might as well work on my cooking/baking skills as much as possible so I can win a competition one day!  Well I'm glad I made the cookies but now I WREAK of peanut butter.  I think that peanut butter accidentally crawled up into my nose and has made a nest up there.  I can't smell anything but this stuff, now I said I loved it and couldn't live with out it, but that's about taste - not smell.  Let's just say that these cookies were bitter sweet.  

I may smell bad, but the cookies taste real good.

1 comment:

Adventures of A said...

YAY for SF visits! I want this recipe to try with almond butter:)