06 April 2009

When did ice cream become a breakfast item?

I'm in the airport. 7:30 am. The kid next to me has an ice cream cone. His parents should be slapped. That's all I have to say about that.

This past weekend I was back in the state of Virginia. I forgot how pretty that place is. Both the architecture and atmosphere is very distictive of Virginia, I felt like I was back at home.

Friday night I went with Kevin over to his friends place. We hung and then decided to head over to a bar where I was carded and then dissed because I forgot my ID back in my luggage at Kevins place. I felt so bad, who does that?! And why am I almost 27 and still getting carded, very irritating.

On Saturday Kev and I went to visit cousin Meghan in Annapolis. Her place is super cute and located on a quiet street nicely located next to everything (or that's the impression I got). Uncle Kevin and Sandy met up with us for dinner at this great Irish Restaurant where i pigged out (including dessert, yum!). After that Meg, Kev and I headed out to a bar (this area is so freakin cute, have I mentioned that?) and we started with a round of Long Island Iced Teas (my drink of choice, always). Then went on from there, just catching up, goofing off and having a blast. The next morning was a slow start (slow as in waking up around noon) and doing a little window shopping. It was a wonderful trip and I'd do it again in a second. Actually my move to New York has some competition. Annapolis completely thrilled me.

Sunday night was relaxing and I felt like a movie. Since I like to self mutilate myself, I suggested 'Knowing' with Nicholas Cage. Great movie, it got a little hokie-pokie sci-fi at the end which could have been avoided, but regardless I slept horribly with nightmares all night. Go watch it during the day and if you aren't afraid of flying you may enjoy it more than I (I'm a hater of flying). I'm also a hater of annoying kids on planes which may be unavoidable this time around, eesh.

OK, heading off. I'll post pics of the weekend soon.

I miss my DC Metropolitan family!

No comments: