21 April 2009

One could fry an egg in here

San Francisco is going through a little heat wave.  Reaching extremely hot temperatures is quite unusual for this part of California, we are usually stable in the 60's.  But yesterday and today we were in the low 90's.  Since no one in SF has air conditioning, including me, the heat has turned my apartment into a little hotbox and was equally as warm inside my place.  Last night I was so hot I used an ice pack that had been in my fridge to sleep on so I was cool enough to fall asleep.  Sad, I know.  This evening I have actually maneuvered through my apartment with just the light from my TV because I didn't want to heat up my place more than necessary.  Also sad, I know.


Well, in lieu of saying all of that I baked cupcakes this evening for Earth Day tomorrow.  I know I was trying not to heat my place up, but I really wanted to make them and I waited until 9pm when my apartment was a little cooler to start cooking.  I decided to make some "sunshine cupcakes!" using most of my lemons that I'm still trying to get rid of.  They are so moist and yummy with a great lemon cream cheese frosting.  

Also part of my cooking repertoire was a roasted red pepper grilled cheese that I made last week. I entered it into 
a competition and didn't even final! Well, no biggie I got to have a good grilled cheese for dinner 
that night.

No comments: