02 April 2009

He's foreign I don't understand him either.


This is Emanuele.












He is my hard to understand, goofy, older ;), Italian boyfriend. E and I met briefly at an architecture firm that I was lent out to (for 3.5 months) this past August. After I went back to my old firm he contacted me (i think he facebook stalked me first) and we started hanging out soon after that. He is an architect as well, except he is fabulous at his job. He has a PhD from Berkeley in environmental design. So you can call him Dr. Naboni (this is his real last name not some weird twisted joke, it's real people!). He mainly does studies of how buildings waste or gain energy based on materiality, wind, sun, etc. This consists of simulations for the most part, I believe he is the only person in the country that does this. He impresses the heck out of everyone!

E only lives about 4 blocks away from me, which is really exciting. We hang out doing nerdy things like exploring different parts of CA, just because a cool building is located there, or going to cafe's (he writes articles for Italian magazines so cafe's are fun to do work at) and watch movies (I love you Netflix). I guess we sound boring, but he's great company no matter what. I wish I could post a sound bite so you could hear his accent. Half the time I feel like I'm saying, "what? I'm not sure that was English, one more time". I understand a lot more now than I did in the beginning.

I'll add pics of us as soon as I remember to take some.

I'm feeling a trip to Italy coming up soon! ;)

No comments: