
My co-worker gave me a big bushel of lemons about a week ago and it sat out looking all pretty and home-makery at my house the whole time. As they started dropping off (molding) one by one I knew it was time to start cooking with them. Never making anything with real lemons before, I knew this would either a huge mess making my home smell of lemon scented cleaner or something completely delish. I came across this recipe and I had no idea what I was in for. The amount of sugar and eggs involved blew my mind, but since I was hooking my office up with this cake I went for it anyway (what they don't know, won't hurt them).

I had so many compliments. Note to anyone making this, don't make it for yourself unless you feel like being on a sugar high for a month.
**On another note**
I went to H&R Block this morning to get a little help on taxes and had the oddest experience. The man helping me went to staple my papers together and the stapler was out of staples, oops. So he starts digging around in his pocket for a sec (I'm thinking he has a loose paper clip in there somewhere, or is playing an awkward game of pocket pool in front of me) and he pulls out a whole row of STAPLES!!! I felt like I was in the Sex and the City episode where Carrie is at jury duty and the man next to her pulls out a coconut (or maybe it was a mango? or maybe I'm thinking of a scene from Along Came Polly) - completely unexpected! so the man tells me that running out of staples at H&R Block is common and that most of the employees there have resorted to carrying stables around in their pockets. I know, Random!
No comments:
Post a Comment